Paperback book donations can always be dropped off at any time on the carport shelves at our workspace:
2523 George Nick Connor Drive
New Orleans, LA 70119.
Please do not send mail to this address.
Our mailing address:
Louisiana Books 2 Prisoners
3157 Gentilly Blvd. #141
New Orleans, LA 70122
Please note that we can only accept paperback books, not hardbacks. Please be sure to place books on the shelves and don’t stack them in the driveway or try to cram them into the mailbox. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to drop them off in person. If you have a large number of books to donate, please email us– we may be able to coordinate a pickup from you.
Books we need:
- Popular requests include mysteries and thrillers, westerns and horror, sci-fi and fantasy, and urban fiction.
- Especially helpful are books on trades: starting your own business, automotive or home improvement, and resume writing or job searching.
- College-level dictionaries and GED/Pre-GED study guides.
- How to draw, sudoku or crossword puzzles, and various hobbies.
- Health, fitness, recovery, and addiction.
Books we don’t need:
- General fiction. The above genres are welcome, but we’re normally stocked up on general fiction.
- Please DO NOT bring us hardcovers or textbooks. They’re expensive to mail and are often rejected by prisons. They will end up in our trashcan, which makes us sad.
- Books with wire spines, CDs, DVDs, or that are badly damaged. These will likely result in a returned package.
- Children’s books.
- Outdated reference books. Legal books on tort law from the 70s, AOL for Dummies, or pre-recession real estate books won’t be helpful to the people writing us.
While all donations are appreciated, we don’t have the space or time to process these types of contributions. Sorting through and disposing of books we won’t be able to mail can take valuable time away from other tasks. If you have any doubts, feel free to email us with any questions.